Galfar Toastmasters Club
Club #1349612 Area 04 Division A District 116
“To provide a mutually supportive and positive learning environment in which every individual member has the opportunity to develop oral communication and leadership skills, which in turn foster self-confidence and personal growth.”
The Galfar Toastmasters Club was chartered on 30th June, 2009, as a capacity building initiative to inculcate leadership skills in Galfar Al Misnad staff. It was felt that developing essential communication skills would enable and aid our employees to go beyond their technical expertise and confidently take on leadership roles within the organization.
Galfar Toastmasters Club (GTM) started with 25 members, and has just entered its twelfth year. More than 150 staff members have directly benefited from participating in its programs and activities over this decade.
Within three years of its existence, members of GTM started participating in area contests, and by 2016, were participating in division level contests. Since then, GTM ensured its representation right up to the District level in the speech contest. Members of GTM have also demonstrated their leadership qualities by taking on various leadership roles beyond the club level, such as Area Director, Division Director, and District Officer.
GTM is now considered one of the best corporate clubs in Qatar.
Since Galfar Toastmasters Club was Chartered in 2009, it has received the following accolades and awards:
- Diamond Corporate Club Award 2021
- President Distinguished Club in Years 2011/12, 2012/13, 2018/19, 2019/20 & 2020/21.
- Select Distinguished Club in Years 2010/11, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2016/17 and 2017/18.
- Distinguished Club in Year 2009 - 2010
- Smedley Awardee in Years 2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16, 2017/18, 2019/20, and 2020/21
- Talk Up Toastmaster Awardee in 2013/14, 2014/15, 2019/20 and 2020/21.
- Beat the Clock Awardee in Years 2013-2014 and 2020-2021
- Best Corporate Club in Division E, Qatar 2013, 2014, & 2015.
- TM Venkatesan Served as District Speakers Bureau Chair 2018-19 & as District 116 Public Relations Manager for the year 2019-20
- TM Venkatesan received the Best Division Director of the Year 2017-18 of District 20 ( Bahrain, Kuwait & Qatar)
- TM John Henry won the International Speech Contest in Division E, Qatar, and represented the Division at the District Contest in May 2018 at Kuwait.
- Galfar represented the Area in all four speech categories for the first time at the 2018 Division E Conference.
- TM K Venkatesan received the Best Area Director of the Year 2016 in the entire Division E, Qatar
- TM K Venkatesan received the TM of the Year in 2015 for Division E, Qatar
- TM Muhammed Hashir, TM K Venkatesan, TM Anil Prakash, TM Rajeshwar Rao and TM Alfonso Belito C. Betita have taken up Area Director Positions.
- TM Navaneetha Shetty is current Area 5 Director.
- TM Thirumurugan is current Area 22 Director
- TM Gopalakrishnan P. Selvam is current Assistant Director Project Quality for Area 4 and Area 22.
- TM Mubeen is the current Area 4 Pathways Manager
Additional Awards received by Galfar Toastmasters Club in 2020-21 Term:
Individual Awards to Galfar Toastmasters Club’s Members 2020-21 Term:
- Golden Quarter Award
- Silver Membership Award
- Golden Membership Award
- Glittering Membership Award
- Pinnacle Crown Award
- CGD Special Recognition for Sponsoring 6+ members to TM Abhijith, TM Thirumurugan and TM Gopalakrishnan
- Dynamic Member Award to TM Subramanya Hebbagelu, TM Gopalakrishnan, TM Mubeen, TM Mazher and TM Vaseem
- Vibrant Member Award to TM Thirumurugan and TM Abhijith Shankar
- Dynamic Treasure Award to TM Vaseem
- Pathways Champion award to TM Vishal Tanwar
Galfar Toastmasters Club Executive Committee (2021-22)
> President: TM Gopalakrishnan P. Selvam
> VP Education: TM Nishant Menon
> VP Public Relations: TM Mubeen Mohamed Ali
> VP Membership: TM Dinesh Aditya
> Secretary: TM Mazher Hussain Khan
> Treasurer: TM Madhu
> Sergeant-At-Arms: TM Faisudheen
For more information on the club’s activities, please visit the GTM website: